Customers can fund their Candy balance using USDC on Ethereum (i.e., ERC-20 tokens). When USDC is deposited these funds will be displayed as USD (United States Dollar). Customers can then use their Candy balance to make purchases.
To learn how to withdrawal cryptocurrency from Candy to your external wallet please check out this article here.
Please note: Once your deposit is confirmed on the blockchain, it cannot be reversed and is non-refundable. Customers are responsible for failed deposits, Ethereum network fees (i.e., gas), and/or loss of funds sent via unsupported networks (e.g., Solana). Please follow the instructions below and on the deposit page.
To deposit cryptocurrency into your Candy balance:
Login to your Candy account and go to your Profile (top right of page):
- Drop down to Settings
- Click on Billing (left panel)
- Under Candy Balance section click “Deposit USDC”
- A pop up will appear where you will confirm that you have read and understand the USDC deposit guidelines and Candy’s terms, which includes that these transactions are final and cannot be reversed
- Click ‘Next’
- If it is your first time depositing USDC with Candy, you will see a loading screen as we are creating your Candy deposit address on the Ethereum network. Please allow a few minutes for the address to confirm on the blockchain.
- Click “Copy” to copy your Candy deposit address. You will have to paste your Candy deposit address directly into your external wallet.
- Open your external wallet (e.g., MetaMask) to prepare to transfer USDC to fund your Candy balance.
- Paste your Candy deposit address into your external wallet, select the amount of USDC you want to deposit into your Candy balance, and send the funds.
USDC deposits will typically appear to your Candy balance within minutes once confirmed on the blockchain. However during periods of high traffic on the Ethereum network, it may take longer. You will receive an email when your deposit has been successfully initiated. You will receive a second email confirming that the deposit has successfully completed, or if your deposit fails. Within your activity history and email notifications, you can view the transaction hash to track your deposit on Etherscan.
Deposits may fail for a few reasons:
- Insufficient gas fees
- High volume on Ethereum network
If your deposit fails you may lose the gas fees. You can view your previous and pending crypto deposits in your profile’s Activity History under the Deposits tab.